Comments on all things journalism and answers to questions from readers about news coverage and operations at the Tracy Press.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Back to blogging

Blogging is a lot like running a newspaper. Every day starts with a blank slate, and every night, ink meets paper, while the presses roll out a new edition. And if the newspaper doesn't make it to every front doorstep, the phones ring wildly the next morning.

WHERE'S MY TRACY PRESS?

Wait.
It's not the same with my blog.
I didn't update my Editor's Notes blog for two months, and I got, maybe, two comments.

But I'm back now, with new blogging software and a slightly new look. I even went to a seminar on "Figuring Out Blogs and Whatever's Next" at the USC's Annenberg School of Journalism. And I'm going to put what I learned to use.

I like this forum, with its potential of connecting with readers. So thanks for visiting. Feel free to comment. And come back often!

- Cheri

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you back in action. Any hope of a post on the candidates forums?

Anonymous said...

Love the new pic, cm! Can folks 4 states away participate? I check the blog often but failed to register my lament re: your 2-month absence. Cause I'd rather you were corresponding with your fave SD p.p. than catching up on "all things journalism." Glad the SC jaunt can be brought to good use. RJ would be pleased! Wish I was with you slurping that Starbucks? Glad you're back! Just don't neglect your SD friend. cm

Anonymous said...

The blog looks great and that is a super picture too. Glad you are back with the reflections on Tracy, the world and especially publishing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheri - Welcome back to the blog. Looking forward to reading and commenting on more of your posts. When will you have a blogger who will posts local stories of general interest, controversial local issues, etc? Thanks