Comments on all things journalism and answers to questions from readers about news coverage and operations at the Tracy Press.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

"We vote for Sudoku"

Got 10 phone messages in the first few hours and lots of blog comments (see below) in response to my plea in the paper for opinions about whether we should run a numbers puzzle, like Sudoku. Here's a sampling of their comments:

• "I enjoy playing Suduko very much and would like to see it in the Tracy Press."• "I'd like to see the numbers puzzle in the paper every day. I'd also like to buy the hand-held game."

• "I'm a 10-year subscriber of the Tracy Press, and I'd love both of the puzzles mentioned, in addition to the crossword."

• My brother and I love it. We vote for Sudoku."

Posted by cmatthews at December 15, 2005 04:35 PM

Comments

I definitely vote for Sudoku. It's a blast to play. I'm addicted to it. Please be sure to post some easy ones.
Thanks, Linda

Posted by: Linda Somma at December 15, 2005 05:43 PM

I do the harder Sudokus that are in the Chronicle and would be happy to see them in the Press. I don't know Kakuro. Maybe give us several weeks of alternating daily between Sudoku and Kakuro and then see if one is preferred over the other or if we like the mixture. One suggestion is to print the puzzles at least 4 inches by 4 inches in size so they could be done without having to copy them to a larger puzzle grid. Simple ones can be done in the size you printed but more difficult ones need more space to pencil in possible numbers as one is working.

Posted by: Sylvia Ahn at December 16, 2005 11:13 AM

I'd love to see Tracy Press feature Sudoku. I'm not addicted, but like to do them when I have the chance. As for Kakuro? Don't know since I haven't tried it yet. By the way, I also like the Word Warp very much and so does other members of my family.

Posted by: Desiree Hirsch at December 18, 2005 11:22 PM

No comments: