Comments on all things journalism and answers to questions from readers about news coverage and operations at the Tracy Press.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Not so funny!

I read the comics while I rode BART back from the city today and didn't notice our mistake until I got this e-mail:
Hello Cheri, I was really disappointed when I opened my Tracy Press to the comics page this morning. The comics in today's paper are not today's comics. I don't know if they are tomorrow's or maybe even Saturday's, but they were not today's. This is OK with some comics, as they are not serials. But for comics such as my favorite serials, Baldo and For Better or For Worse, it is not so good. It is like skipping a chapter in a book. ... What comic strips will you put in the paper on the day that these comic strips are from? Will you repeat them again?

Yes, the humans have erred . Apparently, we got our days mixed up and printed Friday's comics today (Thursday). So that means we'll print today's comics tomorrow (Friday).

Confusing and embarrassing. Our apologies to Zits, Baldo, Dilbert and the whole comics gang.

Meanwhile, I love hearing from comic-strip aficionados, some of the most passionate newspaper readers out there.

This reminds me that when "Fox Trot" ended syndication recently, we had to choose a replacement quickly. We're trying out "Mutts," because it supposedly appeals to a similar, young demographic. Plus, we didn't have any other animal comic strips.

All comics comments accepted here!

1 comment:

Glenn Moore said...

If you want a good animal comic, I suggest running What the Duck (www.whattheduck.net). It features the loveable adventures of a ducks in the cutthroat world of professional photography. It's all about ducks, how could you go wrong?